Copying data from one table to another

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Aug 21 13:22:12 CDT 2015

On 8/21/15, 5:24 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

> Danke für die Antwort, Trixi. I would like to provide my customer with
syntax
> that can be executed repeatedly safely. If I use INSERT, multiple
data may be
> added to the table, but if I use REPLACE INTO, the table
would be updated if
> the records already exist and no duplicate records
would be created.

Dear Mark,

It is may be very interesting way to try commands from mySQL and say they
not works in Valentina DB :)

You can also try some MSSQL and Oracle commands. Why not? :-)

Also you can try some Valentina only commands in mySQL and wonder why they
not work.

Right?

In Valentina 6.0 we have provide

1) UPSERT via mySQL style: ³INSERT Š ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE²
    is solution for mySQL lovers
    but it is not as strong as

2) MERGE command, near to SQL 2003 and with some MS SQL ideas.
    mySQL do not have it. Postgre still develop it...

Next point, you try to copy into new EMPTY table.
So why to worry about possible duplicates ?