VDN - Primary Key Constraint & Boolean Fields Question

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Mar 30 03:49:59 CDT 2014

On Mar 30, 2014, at 5:29 AM, Johnny Harris <johnny at southshore.com> wrote:

> Greeting Everyone,
>
> 1. I’m getting an error when I try to update a table record using SQL.
>
> Error: Primary key constraint violation occurred, table name = “support_payments”, constraint name = “PK_support_payments_pk”.
>
> I don’t get this error every time I try to update a record. Just occasionally. I’m not trying to update the primary key field, so I’m not really
> sure why I’m receiving this error.

I will check this once more. But we are speaking about this field pk SERIAL64 PRIMARY KEY ?

> 2. When I create a table in code, the fields I define as BOOLEAN are Indexed by default. I don’t need the fields indexed.

Actually, "automatic" indexed flag for boolean field costs nothing to you due to the specific implementation.
Why do you need to have it not-indexed?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc