VDN - Primary Key Constraint & Boolean Fields Question

Johnny Harris johnny at southshore.com
Sat Mar 29 21:29:04 CDT 2014

Greeting Everyone,

1. I’m getting an error when I try to update a table record using SQL.

Error: Primary key constraint violation occurred, table name = “support_payments”, constraint name = “PK_support_payments_pk”.

I don’t get this error every time I try to update a record. Just occasionally. I’m not trying to update the primary key field, so I’m not really
sure why I’m receiving this error.

2. When I create a table in code, the fields I define as BOOLEAN are Indexed by default. I don’t need the fields indexed.

The code I’m using to create the table:

sql = "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS support_payments (pk SERIAL64 PRIMARY KEY, " & _
    "account_key LLONG INDEXED DEFAULT '0', " & _
    "support_year LONG DEFAULT '0', " &  _
    "payment_amount DECIMAL(10, 2) DEFAULT '0.00', " & _
    "received_date DATE DEFAULT '01/01/1900', " & _
    "sent_date DATE DEFAULT '01/01/1900', " & _
    "post_marked_date DATE DEFAULT '01/01/1900', " & _
    "payment_ref VARCHAR(30), " & _
    "payment_memo VARCHAR(250), " & _
    "is_void BOOLEAN DEFAULT '0', " & _
    "record_ts DATETIME NOT NULL)"

If anyone might have some pointers on either of these, it would be much appreciated.
I’m going to keep scanning the documentation to see what I can figure out. I’m very
new with Valentina so no telling what all I’ve missed.

Regards,
Johnny Harris