Error 59504 : File "UNKNOWN" is already open.

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Van Lerberghe frvanlerberghe at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 12:33:32 CDT 2014

le 26/03/14 11:54, Ivan Smahin <ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com> a écrit :

>> What is the meaning of the error #59504 : File "UNKNOWN" is already open." ?
>> I'm getting this error when I try to issue an SQL Select. If I try again the
>> same SQL query, no problem. This error is raised not consistently from times
>> to times.
>>
>> V4RB 4.9 (no problem with 4.3), Mac OS 10.6.8
>> RealStudio 2010r3.2
>
> Probably it was already opened cursor (result of the same or similar query)?
> It seems it is about some embedded (virtual) file (field storage for example)
> - not OS regular file.
> Anyway - could you check that no opened cursor there?
> Or could you send me some app which reproduce this issue?

Thank you Ivan for your answer.

I have a similar cursor some lines before, but I "nil" it before asking this
one. And both cursors are build with EVLockType.kNoLocks. But, I suppose I
can query 2 cursors with the same SQL query, no ?
This error is very erratic and rare. As I cannot reproduce consistently,
it's difficult to send you something. If I find more I will let you know.

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin
+32 (0)85 25 08 25