Error 59504 : File "UNKNOWN" is already open.

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Mar 26 05:54:19 CDT 2014

On Mar 25, 2014, at 10:16 AM, François Van Lerberghe <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What is the meaning of the error #59504 : File "UNKNOWN" is already open." ?
> I'm getting this error when I try to issue an SQL Select. If I try again the
> same SQL query, no problem. This error is raised not consistently from times
> to times.
>
> V4RB 4.9 (no problem with 4.3), Mac OS 10.6.8
> RealStudio 2010r3.2

Probably it was already opened cursor (result of the same or similar query)?
It seems it is about some embedded (virtual) file (field storage for example) - not OS regular file.
Anyway - could you check that no opened cursor there?
Or could you send me some app which reproduce this issue?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database