Cache Size -- why not dynamic

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Jan 6 02:12:10 CST 2014

Let me make an analogy: this is like driving manual vs. automatic transmission in a car. The automatic is okay for 99% of all driving. Yet in Europe the portion of drivers with manual is still 2/3.

I want of course the duplex clutch (in principle two clutches where one is always de-clutched while you change the other) :-) .

When did Valentina ever not try to be in front of technology? Give us a flexible system that works for most cases with the possibility to override.

On 05.01.2014, at 19:37, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> What sense you can see here?
>   Try to make 5-8 lines of specification of this feature.
>

> Let me answer - why this should be fixed.
>
> * because this is not just to use RAM.
>     this is caching of disk operations,
>     this can be linked future to transactions mechanism
>     this is very not simple area.
>
> * because increase cache from 10Mb to 50 Mb not always affects performance.
> Depends on many things.
>
> * Because CACHE SIZE, is not the only RAM, which Valentina uses.
> It can use a lots of other RAM of course.
>
> * and because it can use RAM without limits, we even did think about one
> more parameter, for example
>        MaxRamToUse =2 GB
>
> This may be interesting e.g. for web servers, where other apps can also run.
> But this is even more hard feature todo and not so useful for most of us.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals