New Paradigma Website; Your Feedback Wanted

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Tue Dec 16 11:31:47 CST 2014

Hi Trixi,

> The relatively unclear website has always been the result of
> the confusing terminology that Valentina uses. This is
> reflected again in the new website. The categories are
> Studio, Server and Developer. The latter has categories:
> Database for applications, Reports for applications, Server
> for distributions. Eh what? What is the difference to the
> main Server category? I never got the reason for the name
> "Office Server". It's used for in-house applications, why not
> call it this way?

Server can be used as a general database or reports server, in house or not.

Studio and Server are standalone, licensed products; the others are products
that developers license and deploy under their own terms.

> Where are the download and support and contact categories?
> Where is the wiki? Ah, that's a the bottom with not very good
> to see blue on black color. Why do I need to click 3 times
> for viewing the download? The release notes show nothing. The
> mouse over of all buttons for downloading makes the button
> larger, which looks rather odd.

There's a download link in top menu items of Studio and Server. It gets more
problematic with products that have more variations. Download Valentina for
Xojo for Linux Debian?

The buttons have an inverted effect; Im not crazy about them but they aren't
explosive.

> I don't know how to tell you politely: GET RID OF THE
> CAROUSEL THING. It makes me want to hit someone.

The rotators at the top of each section?

> Don't open me a new window for anything. Ever!!! This was the
> link to the wiki. I can do this myself, really. And why are
> statusbar and toolbar hidden? I always show them.

We need to improve the navigation on the wiki, blog and mantis to make it
easier to return to the main site. That's why its working that way now.

> In the store the content is scrolling through the transparent
> header. Looks strange.

We'll need to check that effect for browser / platform compatiblity.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software