Corrupted database

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Dec 12 19:05:42 CST 2014

Hi Ivan,

Nice try, but no. If I close the localhost connection, I get another
error. If I try to reconnect to localhost, I get the error:

Connection could not be established!
Kernel error: 0x82000. Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server.

Clearly, it isn't as easy as reconnecting with the server. Definitely
something else is going on. If the problem were only that the connection
got timed out, I should be able to reconnect without problems.

Unfortunately, if I close Valentina Studio completely, restart it and
try to make a connection to localhost, again it won't work. I could also
stop and restart the Valentina service process, but it still won't work.

It appears that every time when my computer goes to sleep, when
Valentine Studio crashes, or if something unexpected happens, I have to
follow these steps:
1) close Valentina Studio
2) stop the Valentina service process
3) delete the master database and, if they persist, journal files
4) start the Valentina service process
5) start Valentina
6) reconnect Valentina
7) re-do all my lost work