Corrupted database

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Dec 13 03:26:41 CST 2014

On Dec 13, 2014, at 3:05, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Nice try, but no. If I close the localhost connection, I get another error. If I try to reconnect to localhost, I get the error:
>
> Connection could not be established!
> Kernel error: 0x82000. Cannot establish VC_Connection with remote server.

It means that no vServer is running now on the host/port you are connecting to or something like firewall prevents it.
Probably vServer was stopped or crashed. You can get more info inspecting vServer logs.

> Unfortunately, if I close Valentina Studio completely, restart it and try to make a connection to localhost, again it won't work. I could also stop and restart the Valentina service process, but it still won't work.

vServer would not start after computer sleep?
Please find vServer logs and check them - most probably you will find the reason.
Their location depends on your vServer conf. - see vServer ini file (or get it via SQL - SHOW PROPERTIES OF SERVER).

It is for logging into the file:

; Enables logging to the file.
LOGTOFILE = 1
; Specifies file-log location.
LOGFILESLOCATION = vlogs

and/or you can turn on logging in the "system-log":
; Enables logging to the syslog.
LOGTOSYSLOG = 0

It is helpful to set highest verbose level to see all the messages:
; Specifies how many information produce into logs:
;   0 - display error messages only.
;   1 - display errors and warnings.
;   2 - display errors, warnings and debugging messages.
;   3 - display errors, warnings, debugging messages and command level tracing.
VERBOSELEVEL = 3

> It appears that every time when my computer goes to sleep, when Valentine Studio crashes, or if something unexpected happens, I have to follow these steps:
> 1) close Valentina Studio
> 2) stop the Valentina service process
> 3) delete the master database and, if they persist, journal files

Could you send me your master database in that condition for testing (including master.journal)?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database