Close all open databases -- VDataBase_Open()

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Oct 14 17:54:02 CDT 2013

Hi William and others,

I've tested it and yes, the valentina_database() function returns a
database ID that is equal to the database ID returned but
vDatabase_open(). This is the handler I use to close all databases:

on closeAllDatabases
    put valentina_databasecount() into myDatabaseCount
    repeat with myDatabaseNr = 1 to myDatabaseCount
       put Valentina_Database(myDatabaseNr) into myDatabaseID
       if "ERROR" is not in myDatabaseID then
          if "ERROR" is not in vDatabase_Close(myDatabaseID) then
             put vDatabase_Destructor(myDatabaseID) into myDatabaseID
          else
             beep
             answer error "Can't close database."
          end if
       else
          beep
          answer error "Can't get a reference to the database."
       end if
    end repeat
end closeAllDatabases

It is quite similar to the bits and pieces that William posted earlier.

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553

http://qery.us/3fi