Close all open databases -- VDataBase_Open()

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Mon Oct 14 13:39:20 CDT 2013

you can do

  put VDataBase_Name( dbRef )  into MyDatabaseName from the list of dbRef's
you got by going through each one of the numbers of the database in the
Valentina_Database() function that returns a dbRef for each number.

I was confused because in the documentation it says: " inIntIndex" and I
had no idea what that was. Turns out it is just a number that is less than
the total number of databases open.

I'm also confused by:

"Returns the count of databases that was instantinated in your application.
The result counts

both opened and closed databases. The result counts both local and remote
databases."

Because in my case it always returns just the number of databases that are
open. I think it will require more experimentation but so far it looks like
"instantiated" means open databases.

--
http://www.bluewatermaritime.com