ERROR 0x82504

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Fri Oct 4 10:02:38 CDT 2013

Hi Ruslan,

Yes, we have Windows 8.

I have VServer installed. Unfortunately, when you compile your server
engine, you don't include version information. Therefore, it is
impossible for me to know the version, but I am pretty sure that it is
not 5.5b20 (it must be much older). I downloaded this file from the
website and it is no beta version AFAIK. The modification date is
6/20/2013 15:26.

Valentina Studio is able to connect to the server (localhost).

If I click on the columns symbol, which has the tooltip "Show database
schema as columns", I see my computer name (Acer) and computer name with
SSL (Acer (SSL)) in the Bonjour section.

When I connect to localhost, I do NOT see the database! Therefore, I am
not sure that the problem is on the Rev side.

New information: I have also installed the server and the database on a
Mac. Valentina Studio connects to the Mac, using an IP number, without
any problems and the database is found automatically. If I connect in
exactly the same to localhost, it connects but can't find the database.

The verbose level is 2. Obviously, I see "connect user" but not "open
database" and "query". This, however, seems to be related to logging in
from within LiveCode, while we are now trying to log in and see the
database from within Valentina Studio. Let's concentrate on Valentina
Studio first.

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553