Accessing database from multiple computers

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Mon Mar 18 02:32:06 CDT 2013

Hi Ruslan,

had forgotten about the open-close trick.

I'm not sure if my users could cope with VServer. We developers constantly overestimate how our users understand what we want them to do.

There is this super-bad "web" application called ALM (mountain pasture in german) from HP. They wanted us at my day job to install this with about 3 pages of installation instructions. I had to help almost everyone because nobody understood the instructions.

On 17.03.2013, at 18:58, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> VSERVER is simple.
>
> Try it first of all. Beatrix.
>

>> Realstudio has a WebEdition. Would this help me?
>
> I think no,
>
> This opens way to write apps that access  via WEB browser.
> WE is instead of PHP generally speaking
>

>> But then I still need
>> Valentina server, don't I? I know how to handle my website but I'm not into
>> the nitty-gritty of web stuff.
>
> Best of all to use vserver.
>

> -----
> Exists the second way, which hundreds times was mentioned at times of 1.x
>   open-close trick.
>
> User 1 open db, do small job, close db.
> Then user2 do same.
>
> But vserver is better way

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals