Accessing database from multiple computers

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Mar 17 12:58:29 CDT 2013

On 3/17/13 7:10 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> currently my app is a local one. Emails are archived into a Valentina database
> and then the user can view them later.
>
> Now nobody has only one computer any more - and let's not talk about iPhone
> and iPads just yet. Just yesterday I got a mail from a potential customer who
> wants to use his database on his 2 computers and wants to sync via Dropbox.
>
> What are good options to make this better for my users? We aren't talking
> about companies who are going to use the full server version. This is a
> scenario where there is one user with multiple computers. Many of my users
> aren't very computer-savvy so I need something simple.

VSERVER is simple.

Try it first of all. Beatrix.

> Realstudio has a WebEdition. Would this help me?

I think no,

This opens way to write apps that access  via WEB browser.
WE is instead of PHP generally speaking

>  But then I still need
> Valentina server, don't I? I know how to handle my website but I'm not into
> the nitty-gritty of web stuff.

Best of all to use vserver.

-----
Exists the second way, which hundreds times was mentioned at times of 1.x
   open-close trick.

User 1 open db, do small job, close db.
Then user2 do same.

But vserver is better way