Change the Valentina server folder path

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Aug 19 00:44:20 CDT 2013

On 8/18/13 7:51 PM, "François Van Lerberghe" <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com>
wrote:

> le 18/08/13 16:25, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> a
> écrit :
>
>>> On Mac OS X, can I place Valentina server in an other folder than /Library
>>> (or at least the database folder) ? For instance in a shared folder.
>>
>> Yes, but then you need correct plist which starts it
>
> Ok.
> Must I move the whole folder or can I move only the database folder ?
> I see in the .INI file :
>     SystemCatalog=databases (; The path, where sysdatabase are stored.)
> Can I say :
>     SystemCatalog=\Users\[myName]\mySharedFolder\myDatabasesFolder
>
> ?
>
> Is it true in VServer 4.9 or only with Vserver 5.xx

Your original question was about Vserver folder itself.
Answer was YES.

1)

So if you move it then this file will point to old location
And you need correct it.
  /Library/LaunchDeamons/com.paradigmasoft.vserver_embedded.plist

2)

About Databases folder.
On default it is inside of   Vserver folder.

But you must be able put it on other volume of the same computer,
E.g.. Fast NAS, RAID, Thunderbolt HDD.

Then you need correct this INI file option.

Btw, I have in head some trouble with this...may be was fixed. Not sure
right now. If will be problems detected please Let us know.  We also need
check this once again ...