DROP CONNECTIONS OF DATABASE

Fabian Kneubuehl support at ysd.ch
Thu Mar 22 01:44:39 CDT 2012

Hi

1)      I saw never a problem with a server crash. In my experience all
problems occurs without any apparent reason. In all cases there are problems
with the management of segements. Valentina throws an error or diagnose
shows problems. Our customers will understand that a server crash can harm
the DB but they do not accept  that they have to rebuild the DB every few
weeks. So I planned to do the diagnosis / clone in a service at night.

2)      So I have built in my own recovery strategy, but because none of the
proposed methods closes the DB files if a user is still connected to VServer
(Windows Server 2008, Win7) I have to reboot the server!

A REPAIR would be great but as Ruslan stated earlier this is no short time
option because debugging would be to time consuming.

Regards

Fabian