DROP CONNECTIONS OF DATABASE

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Mar 21 16:30:23 CDT 2012

On 3/21/12 5:16 PM, "Fabian Kneubuehl" <support at ysd.ch> wrote:

Hi Fabian,

> I do not really understand your attitude. You say that a REPAIR command better
> does nothing than running a long time? In an earlier post you stated that the
> REPAIR command cannot be done because it costs too much to get it bug freeŠ
>
> You cannot imagine how much time, money and nerves I poured into fixing defect
> Valentina-DBs and calming down stressed customers. I am intensely searching
> for a simple and trouble free repair strategy (or a robust and stable version
> of VDB as a good alternative!)
>
> I hope you understand that I am somewhat puzzled by your simple NO! I think it
> is in Paradigmas, my and every VDB users interest, that we have a rock solid
> data base or if this is not possible for any reasons whatsoever we have the
> possibility to repair a VDB with one line of code (and as fast and save as
> possible)!

* once again, best way to fix corruption is to avoid it.
    And 5.0 brings rollback journal.
    5.0b16 mac and win archives are on FTP now.

This is the most expecting -- automatic recover of db after crash of system
to latest comited point.

* REAPIR which you describe on clone, yes can be considered as repair ...
But we have this right now, yes ?

You self give algorithm ... You can do it in own code, yes?
Or I do not see something ?

* REPAIR as we think about it, should work internally, without any copy of
data ... I.e. Fix possible corruption IN PLACE.