SV: SV: App Store rejection

ExcelKB consult at excelkb.com
Wed Jan 25 08:24:10 CST 2012

>>There is no need for controversy here.

That's not my intention. But since it was explicit raised a demand in
the way Beatrice did I got curious to find out what we can require
from a third-party vendor like Paradigma Software. We all know that
the licenses rules are clear as mud and that most company usually
reject it or delay it.

Windows 8 is an operating system per se. Correct me if I'm wrong, the
technically specification for App Store is not linked to their
operating system OS X Lion, i.e. it's not required in order to run an
application on their OS system. If this is correct then the comparison
You make is wrong, App Store is a sales channel while Windows 8 is an
OS.

>>...There are two simple solutions I see that don't require anything
from Apple:

But it requires that Paradigma Software makes these changes, right?
Simple from a user perspective but not that simple for the vendor. Any
kind of changes require to be scheduled in the production, thoroughly
tested (functions, side effects, security etc), beta stage and then
the release. A changes cause a lot of activities and costs. That's the
price for the vendor.

My only interest in this context is to find out what we can require or
not from Paradigma Software. It's not only related to App Store but
also related to other sales channels like Adroind Market etc. If
Paradigma Software is not careful they can dig a big hole for
themselves.

Kind regards,
Dennis Wallentin
Microsoft Excel MVP
XL-Dennis Blog about .NET & VSTO & Excel:
http://xldennis.wordpress.com/