SV: SV: App Store rejection

jda jda at his.com
Wed Jan 25 08:41:43 CST 2012

> Windows 8 is an operating system per se. Correct me if I'm wrong, the
> technically specification for App Store is not linked to their
> operating system OS X Lion, i.e. it's not required in order to run an
> application on their OS system. If this is correct then the comparison
> You make is wrong, App Store is a sales channel while Windows 8 is an
> OS.

I never made that comparison. I was pointing out that "not being in
the license" is not a reason something should not be expected to be
supported.

>>> ...There are two simple solutions I see that don't require anything
> from Apple:
>
> But it requires that Paradigma Software makes these changes, right?
> Simple from a user perspective but not that simple for the vendor.

Are you kidding? Of my suggestions, #1 has already been done. #2
requires a new build of Valentina that simply *reverts* the addition
of one API function.

> Any
> kind of changes require to be scheduled in the production, thoroughly
> tested (functions, side effects, security etc), beta stage and then
> the release. A changes cause a lot of activities and costs. That's the
> price for the vendor.

Paradigmasoft is not behemoth like Microsoft or Apple. We're dealing
with Ruslan here (Ivan isn't involved in this AFAIK). I've worked with
Valentina and Ruslan since version 1, and he releases betas all the
time.

Like all of us here, I'm a developer. When something in my app breaks
because of changes outside of my control, I fix it for my users ASAP
if I can. You are probably technically correct that there is no legal
obligation for Valentina to be compatible with the MAS. But you're
wrong to think it's not important. And you're wrong if you think it's
an unacceptable burden to make it compatible. Version 4.9 was, version
4.9.1 is (perhaps) not. I'm not interested in pedantic arguments (so
I'm not going to be drawn into a discussion about Pardigma's
"obligations"). I'm interested in a solution. And I'm sure Ruslan is,
too.

Jon