App Store rejection

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Wed Jan 25 08:07:06 CST 2012

On 2012-01-25, at 14:51, jda wrote:
> There is no need for controversy here. We're not going to change Apple's rules. We who use the MAS must comply or be forced out.
>
> There are two simple solutions I see that don't require anything from Apple:

And there is another point, not for "us" as developers using Valentina, but for Paradigma …

Right now I can't imagine an / many app(s) sold through the MAS "using" Valentina other than as a single user / embedded DB. So there are no advantages in using Valentina in sense of scaling the app to big multi-user-environments or to use Valentina with many other platforms, but the only one, the "comfort" of a developer using his commonly(?) used DB.

So right now a developer can choose

* don't sell apps in the MAS … this is IMHO for boxed software in Mac OS X like shooting in your knee, except you are Adobe or SAP

* discuss with Ruslan, argue with Apple, test this, check that, … and have a vague option to have luck to submit

* leave your comfort zone and use CoreData … :-O    Btw. right now there is NO standalone version of V4CC for iOS, so if I think about a "cross platform" iOS / Mac OS X version of an app, then I need to use CoreData for 2 (iPhone, iPad) of 3 possible targets …. hmmmm

In this situation IMHO Valentina should be as attractive to developers targeting MAS as possible. But I must admit that many developers using other tools, mainly work on windows, … would have a different opinion on this and ask to put the necessary resources on something more important for them.

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord