V4iOS?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Jan 2 13:18:52 CST 2012

> I believe I have hear HUNDREDS times from Valentina
> developers, That they have used Valentina DB only because
> Valentina can store images and other content into DB and even
> encrypt it.
>
> And 2b)  to "store" images in such way, nothing todo for DB engine.
> Its YOU and YOUR app should save picture into location, and
> store location into DB. Right?

Some developers are happy to rely only on operating system level storage of
image files, but that is not suitable for all developers. A great example of
the former is when I upload images to work with content management systems
that handle websites. While those images have value, it is usually within
context of the greater work of the site.

Now in the cases Ruslan mentions above, there are very good reasons to store
images - and there are many reasons why, for financial and legal reasons:

- an image containing special, proprietary data. There are several
industries in which designs are distributed to groups but which those images
contain data that if released early to competitors could seriously harm
them.

- the image must be encrypted for legal reasons. This is extremely sensitive
in the medical field for privacy.

- the image is, or is part of the "product". An image may be a part of a
larger data product (licensed intellectual property), so encryption provides
some level of custom DRM.

Some developers pick Valentina because of combinations of features - for
example, encrypting databases stored on Read Only Media. Sounds odd to us
thumb-drive carrying folk, but this ability is very important to several
industries.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President