Updating record takes seconds

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Sun Feb 19 11:08:32 CST 2012

On 2012-02-19, at 13:40, Beatrix Willius wrote:

> When a few records are in the database then I can add between 10 and 20 records per second for my application. After a couple of 1000 records this starts to get slower. Sometimes a single record takes between 3 and 4 seconds! To make an accurate comparison I added the same data twice.

* How much RAM is in the machine, how much is used / free ... all this technical questions

* What else is running on the machine? AV-Software? Checking the changed file for security reason?????

* Is the DB itself is fine? Sometimes when I wonder why the DB is slow, then I found some issues reported by diagnose.

* But my best guess is, what index do you use? Large text and index by blob???? Just try to should OF all index and re-run the given sample, is it faster????

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord