Updating record takes seconds

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Feb 19 06:40:47 CST 2012

When a few records are in the database then I can add between 10 and 20 records per second for my application. After a couple of 1000 records this starts to get slower. Sometimes a single record takes between 3 and 4 seconds! To make an accurate comparison I added the same data twice.

The culprit is very odd: it's a simple theCursor.UpdateRecord.

The adding of the records is done in 2 parts. The header of the mail is added and it's raw body. Then in the second part the attachments are added and the text and body part of the mail are calculated. This is finished with theCursor.UpdateRecord. But why does it take so long???

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals