Updating record takes seconds

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Feb 19 11:55:53 CST 2012

Hallo Thorsten,

On 19.02.2012, at 18:08, Thorsten Hohage wrote:

> On 2012-02-19, at 13:40, Beatrix Willius wrote:
>
>> When a few records are in the database then I can add between 10 and 20 records per second for my application. After a couple of 1000 records this starts to get slower. Sometimes a single record takes between 3 and 4 seconds! To make an accurate comparison I added the same data twice.
>

> * How much RAM is in the machine, how much is used / free ... all this technical questions

6 GB. Running standard stuff like AppleMail, Safari, GraphicConverter, Realbasic, TextEdit

> * What else is running on the machine? AV-Software? Checking the changed file for security reason?????

On a Mac? Nahh…..

> * Is the DB itself is fine? Sometimes when I wonder why the DB is slow, then I found some issues reported by diagnose.

The database is created fresh. Have done this today and yesterday about 10 times and every time  the same result. Normally, I do a diagnose after adding results is finished. This has been off for testing this problem.

> * But my best guess is, what index do you use? Large text and index by blob???? Just try to should OF all index and re-run the given sample, is it faster????

This is a good idea, will test tomorrow.

If you do Fastnacht or Carnival then I wish you a Helau.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals