VNET 5

Thomas Flemming tf at qvgps.com
Sat Aug 11 08:04:48 CDT 2012

Yes, I'm also not very excited about having a new database-format.
At least read-only the old format should stay readable.

But what is the advantage? Why upgrading to 5?
I'm thinking of just staying at 4.9 to avoid this migration-struggle, but this
will cut me off from further development...

Cheers
Tom

Am 11.08.2012 13:51, schrieb Beatrix Willius:
> According to the information I got from Ruslan for Valentina 5 some system
> tables are updated and the database is reindexed. The latter takes a while and
> confuses some of my users. They tend to force quit an application that doesn't
> do anything. Even adding a messagebox before reindexing didn't help much.
>
> Greetings to Namibia.

>> > Automatically.,
>>
>> This will be a problem for us, because our customers are working alot with
>> read-only databases. They are also exchanging data with vdbs. We are even
>> selling content in ro-vdbs.
>>
>> I was reading a bit in your docs, but didn't find much why dbs needs to be
>> converted.
>> Where is the advantage of v5-format?
>> Is there no way that v5 can at least just read v4-dbs without converting?
>
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards
>
> Trixi Willius
>
> http://www.mothsoftware.com
> Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals

**   Flemming Software Development CC
**   Thomas Flemming
**   PO Box 81244
**   Windhoek, Namibia