VNET 5

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 08:47:07 CDT 2012

Unfortunately, new versions are part of life.

However, in version 5 I saw a big progress with crash protection. During development I usually create some data and before 5 this tended to make the database corrupt every few hours or so. In 5 this is gone. Sometimes I get a longer time to open the database. This is when the journal is used to fix the data.

I just wish that the journal were invisible because this, too, confuses users.

Am 11.08.2012 um 15:04 schrieb Thomas Flemming:

> Yes, I'm also not very excited about having a new database-format.
> At least read-only the old format should stay readable.
>
> But what is the advantage? Why upgrading to 5?
> I'm thinking of just staying at 4.9 to avoid this migration-struggle, but this will cut me off from further development...

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals