VNET 5

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 07:51:39 CDT 2012

According to the information I got from Ruslan for Valentina 5 some system tables are updated and the database is reindexed. The latter takes a while and confuses some of my users. They tend to force quit an application that doesn't do anything. Even adding a messagebox before reindexing didn't help much.

Greetings to Namibia.

Am 11.08.2012 um 13:18 schrieb Thomas Flemming:

> >> what about database files created with v4? Do they need to be converted for
> >> reading/writing with v5?
> > Automatically.,
>
> This will be a problem for us, because our customers are working alot with read-only databases. They are also exchanging data with vdbs. We are even selling content in ro-vdbs.
>
> I was reading a bit in your docs, but didn't find much why dbs needs to be converted.
> Where is the advantage of v5-format?
> Is there no way that v5 can at least just read v4-dbs without converting?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals