Crash on cancel

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 11:22:22 CDT 2012

Hi Ruslan,

4.9 works fine, the crash only happens for 5 beta. Yes, I need to work in this issue some more, here I fully agree.

And also yes, you summarized the situation correctly.

On 11.04.2012, at 18:18, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 4/11/12 7:00 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Beatrix,
>
> We talk here about your test with 5.0 beta?
> Or this happens in 4.9 for you?  Or 4.9 was fine in this place?
>
> PLEASE -- discuss 5.0 on beta list to not mix things...
>

>> Hi Ivan,
>>
>> when exporting data it's possible to cancel the export. When doing a cancel I
>> get the crash. I don't understand the crash either. But it's 100%
>> reproducable. After canceling the interface reloads the data, which is the
>> same as when not canceling. But normal exports don't crash.
>>
>> Canceling itself isn't easy:
>>
>> - There is a menu item "Cancel".
>> - It gives a signal "CancelArchiving"
>> - A global  is set.
>> - The thread checks the global and stops whatever it's doing.
>>
>> The crash doesn't happen if a cancel the import of data, just the export.
>
> From DB ENGINE point of view,
>    menus, threads, global flags are not important ...
>
> To do EXPORT, you just do many READs record by record,
> Then your code produce some file on disk ..
> Right?
>
> Then you stop this operation -- nothing for db
> Then you RELOAD something -- and I think here crash happens ...
>
> Yes you should isolate it better ...
>

>> I don't understand you sentence with "seems some problems with indexes". The
>> database exists, I just export the data.
>
> I think problem is not in the indexes.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals