Crash on cancel

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Apr 11 11:18:29 CDT 2012

On 4/11/12 7:00 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

We talk here about your test with 5.0 beta?
Or this happens in 4.9 for you?  Or 4.9 was fine in this place?

PLEASE -- discuss 5.0 on beta list to not mix things...

> Hi Ivan,
>
> when exporting data it's possible to cancel the export. When doing a cancel I
> get the crash. I don't understand the crash either. But it's 100%
> reproducable. After canceling the interface reloads the data, which is the
> same as when not canceling. But normal exports don't crash.
>
> Canceling itself isn't easy:
>
> - There is a menu item "Cancel".
> - It gives a signal "CancelArchiving"
> - A global  is set.
> - The thread checks the global and stops whatever it's doing.
>
> The crash doesn't happen if a cancel the import of data, just the export.

>From DB ENGINE point of view,
    menus, threads, global flags are not important ...

To do EXPORT, you just do many READs record by record,
Then your code produce some file on disk ..
Right?

Then you stop this operation -- nothing for db
Then you RELOAD something -- and I think here crash happens ...

Yes you should isolate it better ...

> I don't understand you sentence with "seems some problems with indexes". The
> database exists, I just export the data.

I think problem is not in the indexes.