How to add multiple flags with createField?

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Mar 18 02:59:39 CDT 2011

On 3/17/2011 7:32 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> Hello,
>
> creating tables with the Valentina APIs from liveCode everything works
> fine with using only one flag, like:
>
> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", fIndexed)
>
> Now I want to add the first time multiple flags to a field, but it
> fails with any syntax shown in the wiki:
>
> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", EVFlags.fIndexed +
> EVFlags.fUnique)
>
> with this syntax I get from LiveCode the error: "+: error in left operand"
>
> same with
>
> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", fIndexed + fUnique)
>
> also not without the "+" or with quotes.
>
> Probably I don't understand the wiki?

The wiki describes a general approach common for all ADKs.
V4REV's specific is - everything is passed as a strings. In particular
you should pass the set of flags as a tokenized string.

*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed, fUnique" )

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database