How to add multiple flags with createField?

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Mar 18 03:04:25 CDT 2011

On 3/18/2011 9:59 AM, Ivan Smahin wrote:
> On 3/17/2011 7:32 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> creating tables with the Valentina APIs from liveCode everything
>> works fine with using only one flag, like:
>>
>> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", fIndexed)
>>
>> Now I want to add the first time multiple flags to a field, but it
>> fails with any syntax shown in the wiki:
>>
>> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", EVFlags.fIndexed
>> + EVFlags.fUnique)
>>
>> with this syntax I get from LiveCode the error: "+: error in left
>> operand"
>>
>> same with
>>
>> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", fIndexed + fUnique)
>>
>> also not without the "+" or with quotes.
>>
>> Probably I don't understand the wiki?
>>

> The wiki describes a general approach common for all ADKs.
> V4REV's specific is - everything is passed as a strings. In particular
> you should pass the set of flags as a tokenized string.
>
> *get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed, fUnique" )
Possible token delimiters are : " ,\t\n+;"

So it could be
*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed  fUnique" )
*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed,fUnique" )
*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed\tfUnique" )
*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed\nfUnique" )
*get*VTable_CreateShortField(tblRef, "myFieldName", "fIndexed+fUnique" )

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database