Corrupt Database

Thomas Flemming tf at ttqv.com
Mon Jan 3 12:11:59 CST 2011

Cheers Matt,

 > I can honestly say that I've never had this
 > problem with SQLite in over 3 years. In under 3 weeks of using Valentina I
 > already have one database corrupted (apparently) beyond recovery. I

I can confirm this. I migrated a huge project from MS-Access to Valentina last
year and from there on I also had to start dealing with corrupted databases
and tables in a way I never had before.

 > absolutely love how Valentina works, especially its speed.
Yes, this is why I'm still here, and somehow I like the way these guys are
working.

 > Best Practices approach to ensure this doesn't happen?
Careful programming, specially with threading, valentina is unfortunately no
multi-user database (without the vserver).

Tom

Am 03.01.2011 19:55, schrieb Infinity Development:

>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> try to open the database with VStudio. Then make a dump and not a clone.
>> If you have the dump then load it.
>>

> Hi Trixi,
>
> Just tried that and it didn't work either. It appears that the database is
> completely hosed.
>
> I guess a more pressing question (since I have a backup of the database and
> am not worried about lost data) is: How do I prevent this from happening in
> the future. I'm looking at migrating our product to Valentina... but not
> with this being a possibility. I can honestly say that I've never had this
> problem with SQLite in over 3 years. In under 3 weeks of using Valentina I
> already have one database corrupted (apparently) beyond recovery. I
> absolutely love how Valentina works, especially its speed. But is there a
> Best Practices approach to ensure this doesn't happen?
>
> Thanks
>
> -- Matt Milano Project Manager Infinity Data Systems, LLC
>
> Skype&  Twitter: InfinityData
>
> Phone Support Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 5:00Eastern Time 866-919-8545
> 605-644-6505 www.infinitydatasystems.com

/****************************************
**   Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Flemming
**   Software Development