Corrupt Database

Infinity Development dev at infinitydatasystems.com
Mon Jan 3 11:55:29 CST 2011

  > Hi Matt,
  >
  > try to open the database with VStudio. Then make a dump and not a clone. If you have the dump then load it.

Hi Trixi,

Just tried that and it didn't work either. It appears that the database is completely hosed.

I guess a more pressing question (since I have a backup of the database and am not worried about lost data) is: How do I prevent this from happening in the future. I'm looking at migrating our product to Valentina... but not with this being a possibility. I can honestly say that I've never had this problem with SQLite in over 3 years. In under 3 weeks of using Valentina I already have one database corrupted (apparently) beyond recovery. I absolutely love how Valentina works, especially its speed. But is there a Best Practices approach to ensure this doesn't happen?

Thanks

--
Matt Milano
Project Manager