Corrupt Database

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Jan 3 12:23:29 CST 2011

On 1/3/11 8:11 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

Hi Guys,

>> I can honestly say that I've never had this
>> problem with SQLite in over 3 years. In under 3 weeks of using Valentina I
>> already have one database corrupted (apparently) beyond recovery. I
>
> I can confirm this. I migrated a huge project from MS-Access to Valentina last
> year and from there on I also had to start dealing with corrupted databases
> and tables in a way I never had before.

Does Access use any logs?  Two-steps commits?

We also planning of course.

>> Best Practices approach to ensure this doesn't happen?
> Careful programming, specially with threading, valentina is unfortunately no
> multi-user database (without the vserver).

One of the most important things to use is
    db.Flush()   after chnages.

As fast  as possible.

Valentina do not have any auto-commits.
So if you have add 500 records, and did not flush,
Your changes can be in cache in RAM very long ... 10 min 60 min ...

So consider db.Flush() as COMMIT operation for Valentina.

AFTER db.Flush(), any crashes should not affect disk files.