ADK versus VDN

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Feb 14 13:14:17 CST 2011

> Indeed, the issue is whether there is an advantage to get
> VSERVER when users do not use a client program but a web browser.

Valentina Servers can work with PHP and Ruby on Rails, and as Ruslan
mentioned, you have the iPhone solution too that is server only.

Something that might be helpful is to look at the release notes under the
server heading, to see what's been added since 4.0. A lot of work has
happened there, user handling, and much more. Reports also adds a new
dimension to it, because that allows Reports logic to be stored and
processed on the server. Kernel improvements benefit everyone, but Server
features are only for servers.

Ruslan Im sure will chime in with even more detail, but when I look at the
software business end of using server, it smells more like being able to
offer a much broader product line to end customers, and the price difference
between ADK+ and VDN Platform really isn't all that much.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software