ADK versus VDN

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Feb 14 12:53:26 CST 2011

On 2/14/11 8:26 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> On 14.02.11 at 20:12 +0200 Ruslan Zasukhin apparently wrote:
>> On 2/14/11 6:37 PM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:
>>> If I follow what you are saying on the technical level, with ADK, we
>>>  have a program that has a database built-in or behind it, whereas
>>>  with VDN, we run a server instance separately from our program and
>>>  our program communicates with it through localhost network interface.
>>>  Is that always an advantage?
>
> Is the above understanding correct, Ruslan?

Yes this can be advantage.

For example look on
    Apache -> PHP  -> DB Server

Advantage is e.g. That if app crashes then db server still can run.

You can put db server, if needed, even on other computer later in local
network, to build star, and so on.

To vserver can connect vstudio and iValentina (iphone / ipad)
To your app they will not be able connect.

And so on...