ADK versus VDN

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Feb 14 09:59:37 CST 2011

> We don't care about hiding Valentina that is the OEM part.
> Removing that aspect from the equation, what is the
> difference? I have built web-based data solutions using the
> ADK product, so application scope appears the same. I can't
> discern anything from Paradigma's website.
> So can anyone enlighten me what are actual, real, practical
> differences between these two products?

An ADK is a single connection client / db solution. This is what you get
with either of the ADK products (ADK you get one, ADK+ you get three). This
is completely inappropriate if you are sharing dbs on a network.

VDN includes ADKs, but it also lets you deploy Valentina Embedded Server (5
Connection) royalty free and in unlimited quantities. You can also buy
higher capacity Embedded Servers at a rate that's much, much lower than
Valentina Office Server. There are a lot of features which are specific to
the server version of Valentina, none the least that you can also develop
PHP and Ruby on Rails based server solutions around it.

You you deploy server only, or client-server solutions with Valentina, VDN
is what you want.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President