ADK versus VDN

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Feb 14 09:30:13 CST 2011

I am starting a new project and need to decide which Valentina
product to get for it. It is ADK+ versus VDN Platform. For each I get

3 ADK licenses
Valentina Studio license

ADK+ costs $400 and VDN Platform $600. VDN has 2 year of upgrades
instead of 1 initially, which sort of put them on equal footing
financially.

The web site says:

Valentina ADK lets you build local database applications with
Valentina DB and your favorite development environment.

Valentina Developer Network is a special bundle for developers that
want to deploy a royalty free, OEM version of Valentina Embedded
Server as a part of local, client-server or web-based data solutions.

We don't care about hiding Valentina that is the OEM part. Removing
that aspect from the equation, what is the difference? I have built
web-based data solutions using the ADK product, so application scope
appears the same. I can't discern anything from Paradigma's website.
So can anyone enlighten me what are actual, real, practical
differences between these two products?

Robert