Lets try improve docs with your help ?

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 16:13:35 CST 2011

I don't think the Valentina documentation is bad, well certainly not
for V4REV/Livecode.  There were mistakes in the PDF (I pointed out all
those I could find with my limited knowledge of Valentina).

But for Livecode/Rev, we have a) the PDF of the API, b) the Valentina
SQL Reference, c) the fairly extensive example stacks.

I'm not sure that other Valentina users are as well-served as Livecode
users in this regard.  I had a brief look at the documentation for
Valentina for PHP and Ruby, and it did not seem as extensive.  Maybe
the Paradigma developers feel we need more help to get started :)

As for the PHP documentation site.  Some wikis do allow user comments
to be added as sub-components of the main documentation.  An example
of this is the ZWiki (written in Zope/Python).
http://zwiki.org/FrontPage

There must be other wikis that permit that too.  The problem as far as
I can see, is the issue of allowing users to authenticate without the
site becoming overwhelmed by spam.  And, of course, making some wiki
look good (the basic ZWIki looks pretty basic, although the belies the
actual power of the system).

Bernard