V4REV - select using sql functions returns bizarre values

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Dec 15 06:25:50 CST 2011

On 12/14/11 7:18 PM, "Bernard Devlin" <bdrunrev at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Bernard,

I believe issue is not infunction.

They work in other ADKs and just in Vstudio.

Issue is or

A) in method of V4REV you try to use to get string from cursor

B) or ... Hard to image what else

Please show EXACT code of rev you have to get this ?

Can you get other string fields from cursor ?

> I ran through a selection of the various functions that can be called
from a
> SELECT.  As you can see from the results, most are defective:

SELECT
> DATABASEVERSION(); = œ6
SELECT CONCAT('Va', 'len', 'tina'); = œV
SELECT
> HEAD('aesop', 'ea'); = œa
SELECT HEX( 327680 ) ; = œ0
SELECT FORMAT(now(),
> '', 'kDateFormatFull'); = œW
SELECT INITCAP ( 'valentina' ); = œV
SELECT
> LEFT('database', 5); = œd
SELECT IF('Hello!' LIKE 'Hello_', 1, 0); =
> 1
SELECT LOCATE('len', 'Valentina'); = 3
SELECT MD5('1234567890'); =
> œE
SELECT REGEX_REPLACE('abcd', '(ab)(cd)', '$2--$1:' ); = œc
SELECT
> REVERSE('data'); = œa
SELECT RPAD('hello',7,'?'); = œh
SELECT
> SCHEMAVERSION(); = œ1

>From this selection it looks like IF() and LOCATE()
> are returning
correct results.  It seems that anything that returns a
> non-integer
result is failing.