V4REV - select using sql functions returns bizarre values

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 11:18:02 CST 2011

I ran through a selection of the various functions that can be called
from a SELECT.  As you can see from the results, most are defective:

SELECT DATABASEVERSION(); = ˇ˛6
SELECT CONCAT('Va', 'len', 'tina'); = ˇ˛V
SELECT HEAD('aesop', 'ea'); = ˇ˛a
SELECT HEX( 327680 ) ; = ˇ˛0
SELECT FORMAT(now(), '', 'kDateFormatFull'); = ˇ˛W
SELECT INITCAP ( 'valentina' ); = ˇ˛V
SELECT LEFT('database', 5); = ˇ˛d
SELECT IF('Hello!' LIKE 'Hello_', 1, 0); = 1
SELECT LOCATE('len', 'Valentina'); = 3
SELECT MD5('1234567890'); = ˇ˛E
SELECT REGEX_REPLACE('abcd', '(ab)(cd)', '$2--$1:' ); = ˇ˛c
SELECT REVERSE('data'); = ˇ˛a
SELECT RPAD('hello',7,'?'); = ˇ˛h
SELECT SCHEMAVERSION(); = ˇ˛1

>From this selection it looks like IF() and LOCATE() are returning
correct results.  It seems that anything that returns a non-integer
result is failing.

Bernard