V4REV - select using sql functions returns bizarre values

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:41:57 CST 2011

Thanks for your response, Ivan.  There is an error in the V4REV
documentation.  The PDF on pp. V4REVRef-92 and V4REVRef-102 give
details of the method VField_String().

Bart, thank you for confirming that the select/format function works
in VStudio.  It makes it clearer that the problem lies with V4REV.

It looks to me like V4REV needs some serious attention.  I've been
using it for several days, and I have come across several serious bugs
in the connector, and numerous obvious errors in the documentation.
The most serious bug would appear to be that of the bind arrays not
functioning (several of the other bugs may be related to that).

Bernard