Lion and case-insensitive isue. No issue !! - Still doesn't work!

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Dec 4 12:11:33 CST 2011

On 12/4/11 12:05 PM, "Stan Busk" <maxprog at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Stan,

> This:
>
>   myDatabase.LocaleName = "en_US"
>   myDatabase.CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) =
> EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary
>
> doesn't work, this:
>
>   myDatabase.myTable.LocaleName = "en_US"
>   myDatabase.myTable.CollationAttribute( EVColAttribute.kStrength ) =
> EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary
>
> doesn't work either but this:
>
>   myDatabase.myTable.Field( "Field_Name" ).LocaleName = "en_US"
>   myDatabase.myTable.Field( "Field_Name" ).CollationAttribute(
> EVColAttribute.kStrength ) = EVColAttributeValue.kPrimary
>
> works! I verified that with several tables, always the same result.

Good.

Sounds like some field have own settings somehow,
Which override db/tables.

> I haven't
> tried RealStudio since I am looking for a coded solution to add to the app and
> fix the problem for all my clients.

Vstudio can just help to see that fact.
Db have one settings
But table or field(s) have others -- i.e. They override.

Btw, I long time want our Vstudio developers have improve here Vstudio.
It must show BOLD style if table or field override parent settings.