User can't open app

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Apr 27 11:52:51 CDT 2011

On 4/26/11 6:00 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> got a user - or someone who want's to be a user - but he can't start my
> application. He sent me a log with the last part showing
>
> 4/25/11 3:01:05 PM    [0x0-0x1b11b1].com.mothsoftware.mailarchiverx[2631]
> V4RB PluginEntry
> 4/25/11 3:01:05 PM    [0x0-0x1b11b1].com.mothsoftware.mailarchiverx[2631]
> V4RB - DisableRBDB file IS NOT found. Enabling RBDB.
>
> What could this mean? In a normal log file these entries don't show up. Other
> users have downloaded the application just fine.

In fact V4RB always write this two lines now ...

JDA have put into mantis request disable this for builds outside of RB IDE.
We will do that for 4.9.

So I wonder that you say there is no these lines for "normal log".

-------
I think your user should look into Console.app
to see crash log of your app (in case it crashes on start) ...

If it crashes, then in fact OS X always show dialog  ... You know.

------
May be his computer has some other version of
    /usr/local/lib/vcomponents