Valentina Manual?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Sep 5 15:46:50 CDT 2010

On 9/3/10 12:27 PM, "Ubr Werner" <brainssw at mac.com> wrote:

Hi Werner,

> Thanks for your detailed reply, it helps me a lot.
> Just so clarify I repeat in short the situation.
> - project was started somewhere in 2003/2004 with V4RB 1.x

> - in 2008 missing functions should be updated so we bought actual
> license and started update. conversions to new RB and V4RB verswion
> where done but for some reason the project was not completed, but
> working builds are available

ok

> - now the project has to be come to live again. Because in the
> meantime no one of us really worked with Valentina the knowledge got
> lost.

Bad :)

> now activating the existing remains a lot of problems encountered.

> a) the latest project version crashes on compile in any available RB-
> version without any error message or comment

May be you can check crash log of RB to see where exactly it have crash.

Since it crashes on COMPILE, this is not V4R bug.
REALbasic do not like something in your project ...
Maybe really project is corrupted
Try re-save it from RB to other location or other name

Another TIP in such cases:
    just try remove parts of project from project
    and try compile it to see if this help.

> b) older project versions gave error message of kind "Firstrecord/
> Lastrecord not available"

you mean 1.x here.  Since you already did porting to 2008
I do not see sense even try it.

But even if youtry it, you mustuse
   a) old V4RB 1.11
   b) old REALbasic CARBON

> c) complete dubiety which of the saved V4RB versions was used during
> which phase of the project and if the problems a) and b) will be
> caused by version mismatch

> so a) is still unsolved ( maybe some troubles with the project file) I
> started to find some phase results in some working state which will
> give reproduce-able results to get a starting point for update.

> problem b) was solved as I found out that of some reason (project file
> fialure?) the super class of the objects was destroyed (set to
> somethig as "object")

good

> finally I also found newer info and examples on the class way so i
> think together with your info I can fix it to get the project to life.

> I clearly do not intend to use old RB or Valentina version I do only
> to get some restart point.

Ok

I hope it already works :)