Valentina Manual?

Ubr Werner brainssw at mac.com
Fri Sep 3 04:27:06 CDT 2010

Hi Ruslan
Thanks for your detailed reply, it helps me a lot.
Just so clarify I repeat in short the situation.
- project was started somewhere in 2003/2004 with V4RB 1.x
- in 2008 missing functions should be updated so we bought actual
license and started update. conversions to new RB and V4RB verswion
where done but for some reason the project was not completed, but
working builds are available
- now the project has to be come to live again. Because in the
meantime no one of us really worked with Valentina the knowledge got
lost.
now activating the existing remains a lot of problems encountered.
a) the latest project version crashes on compile in any available RB-
version without any error message or comment
b) older project versions gave error message of kind "Firstrecord/
Lastrecord not available"
c) complete dubiety which of the saved V4RB versions was used during
which phase of the project and if the problems a) and b) will be
caused by version mismatch

so a) is still unsolved ( maybe some troubles with the project file) I
started to find some phase results in some working state which will
give reproduce-able results to get a starting point for update.
problem b) was solved as I found out that of some reason (project file
fialure?) the super class of the objects was destroyed (set to
somethig as "object")
finally I also found newer info and examples on the class way so i
think together with your info I can fix it to get the project to life.
I clearly do not intend to use old RB or Valentina version I do only
to get some restart point.

Thanks for your support

regards
Werner