[ADK-V4RB 0005096]: Cocoa doesn't read SchemaVersion correctly

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Oct 23 06:08:28 CDT 2010

On 10/13/10 6:23 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I really need to know if i'm getting senile or if I found the oddest bug.
>
> Feedback is appreciated.

Hi Beatrix,

Let me repeat one important point.

V4RB.rbx  contains 3 or 4 plugins as you know

    a) V4RB_win.dll
    b) v4rb.so
    c) V4RB  carbon
    d)V4RB cocoa

You say that when you compile COCOA APP in REALbasic,
You get strange working  db.SchemaVersion method.

Point is: both  c) and d)  options are totally the same piece of code.
    we just COPY it second time into RBX format.

Totally the same ...

This is because V4RB.dylib  in fact is not carbon related many months
already. I think about year...

This means that V4RB.dylib is linked against cocoa frameworks.

So I very hard can image why the same  C function can work in one way and
not work in another...

May be of course it is possible ... But then this is near to miracle and
will be new big lesson for me :-)

Than more that this function get nothing, and returns INTEGER.
Very simple case ... No strings here .. On other complex types ...

Beatrix, I wonder, only this single function glitches for you?

Problem is that I afraid I cannot debug this ... Because cocoa not native
Or may be possible ...