[VPHP] How to open local vdb from Standalone VPHP?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 14 13:33:15 CDT 2010

On 10/13/10 5:03 PM, "Roland Farkas" <r.farkas at crocsystems.de> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> startet working on the project. One more Problem accurred: I am reading
> records from a MySql DB and put the records into Valentina DB with "INSERT
> INTO" Query. The MySql is UTF-8. In Valentina the German Special Characters
> are not displayed propperly. Can you tell me how to convert?
>
> The Valentina DB I have used already in a large Project for Director. Formerly
> I filled the db manually with a mysql Dump. The characters were fine here. So
> the Valentin DB should be fine. The issue must be somewhere in php.

Hi Roland,

Sorry for delay. My advice is to send such questions to Valentina list.
Valentina developers may help you faster of us often.

So we talk about PHP.

*  PHP reads UTF8 string from mySQL.
* then VPHP connects to VSERVER and write that UTF8 string...

Please check in logs of VSERVER, what encoding is specified for connection
of VPHP.  Is it UTF8 ?