VIEW in realbasic object model

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Nov 7 06:23:06 CST 2010

Hello Andrew,

Sunday, November 7, 2010, 2:03:05 PM, you wrote:

> Can anyone help me on how I create/access a VIEW in the RealStudio object model?

> I had hoped I could create it using an SQL expression, such as for example

> call DB.SQLExecute("CREATE VIEW myCheckedItems AS SELECT * FROM
> checkedItems WHERE ptrUserAccount = 1")

Yes, correct.

> and then access it using the object model.  But I am not sure what
> to access it as.  I tried DB.Table("myCheckedItems") but that
> returned nil, and I am not sure what will work. As well as how to
> create the view in the first place using the object model, not the sql model.

Currently there is no way to get access to views via API.

But  internally  there are not sort of tables but sort of stored queries
instead.  So you can not do much with it even having ability to get some
object reference.
In other words there are kind of objects from sql-world.

May I ask you to describe why do you need it in this way?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database