older database files

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Jun 16 07:30:41 CDT 2010

On 6/16/10 12:03 PM, "-= JB =-" <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:

Hi JB,

> I am not sure of the version.  It was a few years ago and then I got
> sidetracked from programming.

You can call in your old Valentina engine
    Valentina_Version()

To see what version of engine it is.

> When you say open them by vstudio 4.6 do you mean the
> studio version of revolution 4.6?

I mean Valentina Studio 4.6

> I am using Enterprise 4.6 and it  will not open them for some reason.  Maybe
> and older version will but I have not  tried it yet.

Version of revolution is not important here.

> Maybe some of my old code is outdated and I should just start from  the
> tutorial showing how to create an database and then things will work properly
> and I can see what code needs changed in my old program.

Db.open() should open any 2.x db

May Be you have really old 1.x format of db
Then you will need Convert it from 1.x to 2.x

If you have only One such db, you can do this with help of Vstudio.

If you need convert many such dbs on client side, then 4.6 cannot do this
already. Last biuld which can do this was, it seems, 4.3

> Do you have any new Reference PDF's?  Are the old ones still valid or
> are  they too outdated to waste time with?

I have show you in Wiki  page where present links on Pdf
    of V4Rev Api reference

Both  v3 and v4